Buy Genuine 108 Meditation Mala Beads for Japa Meditation
Blessed by Monks 108 Meditation Mala Beads for Sale
Real and Authentic 108 Mala Meditation Beads Necklace. that have been Blessed by Monks. These Genuine Meditation Mala Beads Necklace are made from sacred wood of Burma, Thailand and India. Used for Japa Meditation to remind yourself to remove yourself from any attachment to the material world.
What are Meditation Mala Beads?
Buddhist Meditation Mala Beads are similar to other forms of prayer beads used in various world religions and therefore the term “Buddhist Rosary” and “Buddha Beads”are also used. The Buddhist Mala originally derived from the Hindu ‘Japa Mala’ used in meditation, consisting of 108 beads, and used as a counting device for reciting Mantra.
All of the Buddhist Prayer Beads sold at Monk Mala can be used for meditation. We have attempted to make things easier for our customers new to the idea of buying Meditation Mala Beads by defining our Buddhist Prayer Beads into different classifications. For those people wanting Buddhist Meditation Prayer beads we have called these ‘Monk Beads’. However not all people who meditate are of a Buddhist influence and we also have Yoga Mala for those wanting to Meditate as a form of Yoga Practice.
The bottomline is that not all forms of Mediation are Buddhist, and so we include in our Mediation Mala selection all of the types of Mala we have that can be used for Meditation.
Meditation Mala Beads Necklace
Meditation Mala can help you with different aspects of meditation, which is itself linked to a range of health benefits Japa Meditation can help reduce stress levels, improve sleep, and lower blood pressure, among other things. Using Mala Beads Necklaces for Meditation makes the task of counting mantra easier. 108 Bead Meditation Mala Necklaces help keep the mind focused during Meditation, preventing the mind from wandering off.
The Meaning of Meditation Mala Necklace 108 Beads?
So why 108 repetitions? This is a question with hundreds of possible answers, with any one true answer to why use 108 beads for each repetition. The number 108 has many meanings over various philosophical, scientific, and religious beliefs. Some of the most interesting reasons of 108 Beads Meaning are:
- The Buddha made a statement that daily suffering can be ended with a repetition of a mantra 108 times.
- Pranayama: If one is able to be so calm in meditation as to have only 108 breaths in a day, enlightenment will come.
- Sanskrit alphabet: There are 54 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet. Each has masculine and feminine, Shiva and Shakti. So, 54 multiplied by 2 is 108.
- Sun and Earth: The diameter of the sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth. The distance from the sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the sun.
- Moon and Earth: The average distance of the moon from the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the moon.
- Planets and houses: In astrology, there are 12 houses and nine planets. Twelve multiplied by nine equals 108.
- Powers of 1, 2, and 3: In math, 1 to the 1st power equals 1, and 2 to the 2nd power (or 2 x 2) equals 4, and 3 to the 3rd power (3 x 3 x 3) equals 27. Therefore, 1 x 4 x 27 = 108.
- Heart chakra: The chakras are the intersections of energy lines, and there are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra. One of them, sushumna, leads to the crown chakra, and is believed to be the path to self-realization.
- Harshad number: 108 is a Harshad number, which is an integer divisible by the sum of its digits (Harshad is from Sanskrit and means “great joy”).
- River Ganga: The sacred River Ganga spans a longitude of 12 degrees (79° to 91°), and a latitude of nine degrees (22° to 31°). Again, if you follow the math, 12 multiplied by nine equals 108.
- 1, 0, and 8: Some say that one stands for God or higher Truth, zero stands for emptiness or completeness in spiritual practice, and eight stands for infinity or eternity.
There is a 109th bead that hangs at the bottom of a mala, called either the sumeru, bindu, stupa, or guru bead. This often symbolizes the guru from whom the student received the mala or mantra, paying homage to the student-guru relationship. It is never counted among the repetitions but used as a marker for a start and end of a cycle.
Our Selection of 108 Bead Meditation Mala Necklace
12mm Black Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Buy a Beautiful Authentic 108 Bead 12mm Black Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace Meditation Mala...
Lotus Seed Prayer Bead Mala Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 108 Lotus Seed Prayer Bead Mala Necklace Bead Size: 10mm (W) 14mm...
8mm Teak Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 8mm Teak Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead NecklaceBead Size: 8mm Circumference hole to holeNumber...
Moon Star Lotus Seed Mala Tibetan Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 108 Moon Star Lotus Seed Mala Tibetan Necklace Bead Size: 8mm Number...
8mm Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 8mm Burmese Wood Buddhist Prayer Beads NecklaceBead Size: 8mm Circumference hole to holeNumber...
8mm Plain Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Mala Necklace
Monk Blessed Real 8mm Plain Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Mala Necklace Bead Size: 8mm Circumference hole...
12mm Narra Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 12mm Narra Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace Bead Size: 12mm Circumference hole...
12mm Red Narra Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 12mm Red Narra Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace Bead Size: 12mm Circumference...
8mm Rudraksha Seed Mala Necklace
Buy a Beautiful 108 Bead 5 Mukhi (Face) Rudraksha Seed Mala. Yoga Prayer Bead Necklace...
Authentic 12mm Bodhi Seed Mala Prayer Beads
Monk Blessed Authentic 12mm 108 Bodhi Seed Mala Prayer Beads Necklace Bead Size: 10-12mm Number of...
8mm Red Narra Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 8mm Red Narra Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace Bead Size: 8mm Circumference hole...
12mm Teak Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace
Monk Blessed Authentic 12mm Teak Wood Buddhist Prayer Bead Necklace Bead Size: 12mm Circumference hole...
108 Onyx Buddhist Mala Prayer Beads
Monk Blessed Authentic 7mm Onyx Buddhist Mala Prayer Beads Necklace with Silver Guru Bead Size:...
Tiger Eye Buddhist Mala 108 Prayer Beads
Monk Blessed 8mm Tiger Eye Buddhist Mala Prayer Beads Necklace with Silver Guru Bead Size: 8mm...
8mm 108 Howlite Buddhist Mala Prayer Beads
Monk Blessed Authentic 8mm Howlite Howlite Buddhist Mala Prayer Beads Necklace with Silver Guru Bead...
Every 108 Buddhist Meditation Mala sold includes includes a Certificate of Authenticity and Thai Silk Bag included free
Monk Blessed 108 Prayer Beads Mala: Monk Mala is part of Sak Yant Chiang Mai; which is a small co-op of over 10 Sak Yant Monks and Ajarns providing Sak Yant Tattoo’s in Chiang Mai Thailand.
With regular Visits to Temples for the Monks Sak Yant Tattoo, we are able to take each Buddhist Monk Bead Necklace with us for a special blessing for our customers. The Sak Yant co-op also allows Monk Mala to source it’s Authentic Buddhist Monk Bead Necklaces from the same small local suppliers that the Monks and Ajarns themselves use.
Free International Shipping
Made in Thailand
Real Buddhist Mala Beads
Worry Free Shopping
Monk Blessed Mala
Blessed by Real Monks